Forums Men’s Basketball 2019 Season

This topic contains 130 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  coyotecrazie5 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 131 total)
  • Author

summitfans
      • Total Posts: 133

How does everyone think this year will go?

summitfans

Summit League Announces 2019-20 League Basketball Schedules

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/releases/20190712guzt8l

Red2
          • Total Posts: 1

UND vs. NDSU January 18th!

summitfans

UND vs. NDSU January 18th!

Coaching change at UND may have them looking much different vs. the defending league champs. I think the Yotes will have a bounce-back season as they return their top three scorers. Jackrabbits have a ton to replace.

Bison82
              • Total Posts: 109

Thank you for creating this forum. Like every year, I like NDSU’s chances 😉 Actually though, I though the Yotes will be a pretty solid team this year. SDSU won’t drop off as much as most would think, and UND will improve a bit. NDSU… well I don’t want to jinx anything..

summitfans

I know they don’t carry much weight, but I’m excited to see the preseason polls. What are everyone’s opinions on what they’ll look like when they are released?

Bison82
                  • Total Posts: 109

I know they don’t carry much weight, but I’m excited to see the preseason polls. What are everyone’s opinions on what they’ll look like when they are released?

This is just my opinion, not what I think the pollsters will think

1. NDSU
                  2. Omaha
                  3. SDSU
                  4. South Dakota
                  5. UND
                  6. Fort Wayne
                  7. W. Illinois
                  8. Oral Roberts
                  9. Denver

MavFan
                    • Total Posts: 64

This is just my opinion, not what I think the pollsters will think

1. NDSU
                    2. Omaha
                    3. SDSU
                    4. South Dakota
                    5. UND
                    6. Fort Wayne
                    7. W. Illinois
                    8. Oral Roberts
                    9. Denver

I have a hard time putting SDSU that high with the amount they lose. But I guess I’m not sure who else I’d put at three?? UND may be too high at 5.

GoEagles
                      • Total Posts: 56

ORU will finish higher than eighth! We return top four scorers and don’t really lose much! I’d say middle of the pack with a win or two in the league tourney

atthewbon
                        • Total Posts: 2

I have no idea how the jacks are going to do this year. It’s going to be a big change (players and coaches) but we are bringing in some good talent. I could see as at or near the top of the league again or maybe a repeat of 2017 where we improve throughout the season or maybe we take a big step back. The conference is really up in the air this year.

Pios2
                          • Total Posts: 56

I don’t think we could be any worse lol i will take any improvement. i think we make the league tournament at least

summitfans

I have no idea how the jacks are going to do this year. It’s going to be a big change (players and coaches) but we are bringing in some good talent. I could see as at or near the top of the league again or maybe a repeat of 2017 where we improve throughout the season or maybe we take a big step back. The conference is really up in the air this year.

The Jacks have to be the toughest team to predict their finish by far. They have built a solid tradition, but man do they lose a ton. I think they will improve as the season goes on, but how much improvement is enough to consider the season not a “big step back”? The league seems wide open this year, more so than most IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar